Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sunrise in China

Well, I've endured the 12 hour flight over to China, and have pretty much gotten used to the time change.  It feels way easier traveling to China by staying awake on the flight over and then crashing when arriving at the hotel.  Getting to bed early also lets me get up early...either to take some sunrise timelapse or to exercise before work.
Unfortunately, I don't always guess right.

After working out the first morning, I decided to give the sunrise a shot in the nearby park.  I made it out around 5:30am and wandered around the park trying to find the right shot.  I found a pond with a view of the hotel and some of the local construction, and thought it was a nice blend of the Chinese art and history with the fast moving pace of the country's production and construction.

There was a Chinese man doing some exercise on the small pier on the pond, so I set up my shot so that he wasn't in it.  About halfway through my timelapse, though, he left, and a woman worked her way onto the small landing and into the corner of my shot.  With the overcast weather, though, I didn't really have a good series of photos anyway.  Hopefully I can get a nice shot before I depart on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment